How to mig weld aluminum like a pro. Here are some of my pointers to get you up and running welding aluminum with your mig welder.
1. Use the shortest possible mig welding gun so that there is less internal resistance. The more resistance there is on the welding wire the harder it is going to be for it to feed through smoothly. The biggest problem that people face when mig welding aluminum is that they cannot get the wire to feed through smoothly.
2. Make sure that you use a use a u grooved feed roller. There are many different types of feed rollers for different welding wire applications. For ally wire you need to use a u grooved roller. The design of this feed roller will make it easier for the wire to be gripped more evenly, which makes it easier to feed through the liner.
3. When you are mig welding aluminum you also need to use a larger size contact tip. This is so that the wire does not stick.
4. Also when you weld aluminium with a mig welder the standard steel liner in the welding torch needs to be replaced. You replace the steel liner that you would normally use with a solid mig wire with a teflon or plastic liner. These are special liners that are designed to help feed the ally wire through smoothly.
5. Make sure your material is clean. To do this you use a stainless steel brush. This must be a dedicated brush for aluminium only.
6. The welding gas you need to use his argon, which you can hire from your local welding supply shop.
To find out more information on how to mig weld follow this link to see my website: How to mig weld
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Peter_Apalais
WATCH THIS VIDEO to learn more killer welding techniques
[vimeo width=”200″ height=”150″]http://vimeo.com/7064305[/vimeo]